Hello Buyers and Sellers! Here are a couple short and sweet tips on having a smooth closing:
- Avoid "shifting" your money from bank accounts, credit cards etc, keep everything as is
- Maintain your current employment/income source, don't change jobs
- Respond quickly to all requests for information
- Keep residence, marital status, business ownership, etc. stable
- Do not obtain new debt – maintain your credit record and defer any major purchases aka don't go buy a new truck until AFTER you close on your house!
- Funds to close must come from the same verified accounts provided at time of applications, you can't have a last minute gift fund if you spend your savings so…. be careful what you spend!
I hope this helps you during your real estate transactions! Contact me if you have any questions, I'm here to help!
Have a great week!